Worship: Weekly Community Prayer & Ecumenical Prayer Calendar
We invite you to join us in this prayer. You could use it as a part of your morning devotion, as a table prayer at supper, as a prayer before sleeping, or at any other moment during the day
Give thanks for:
- Health care workers who provide medical aid and education to those infected with the HIV virus.
- The Christian Council of Botswana and the Zimbabwe Council of Churches.
- Marimbas, drums, mbiras (instruments made with tuned strips of metal and played with the thumbs) and shakers.
- Choir festivals where singers join together in praise of Christ.
- Those working for a better democracy in Zimbabwe.
- Uncles, grandmothers and cousins taking care of children whose parents have died of AIDS.
- The leaders of government and their success in bringing economic progress, education and health care to their people.
- Landowners and the land workers, and those who are displaced by land reform.
- Reconciliation between the races in Zimbabwe, leading to a society of equality and respect.
- AIDS orphans.
- Hope for those who have little to hope for.